About SOMRAR SOMRAR
Organization is humanitarian, Non-Governmental, Non-Political, Non-profit and Non-partisan organization legally registered in the Ministry of National planning and development in Somaliland. SOMRAR will struggle for improve based human needs throughout Somaliland. Mostly SOMRAR focuses on Poor and Vulnerable women in urban and rural area, IDPs and returnees both in cities and rural areas.
The purpose of the Director is to be the leader of the Community daily activities and The Director is answerable to the BOD. The Director is hired on an open contract by the BOD and may be employed as long as the BOD is satisfied with his or her work.
1. Implementing the policies of the organization.
2. hiring and dismissing the heads of departments and projects.
3. Approving all financial disbursements allowed by the Chairperson.
4. Ensuring financial transparency of the organization.
5. Recruitment of staff as when needed with the prior consultation of the Chairperson.
6. Report to the BOD on the use of finances, implementation of the work programs, and the changes in staff employments.
7. coordinating the running of day-to-day activities.
8. Promoting SOMRAR and ensuring good relations with the other organizations, community and government.
9. Develop and maintain strong communication UN agencies, international NGOs, National NGOs, government, charity foundation and private sectors to increase partnership opportunities.
10. Identify and analysis of tenders which has the relevant objectives of SOMRAR that will drive partnership opportunities.
11. Reporting quarterly on all activities to the BOD.
12. Ensure working hours of the office.
Somaliland Relief & Research Organization (SOMRAR) is looking for actively male/female candidate who can fulfil all the requirements listed below.
1. Not previously working with SOMRAR organization and who is currently not on a volunteer.
2. Above the age of 20.
3. Have the national identity and other documents ( police innocent paper).
4. Completed Bachelor’s degree.
5. Creative thinkers come up with new and alternate solutions that help the organization to new heights.
6. Strategic planning and risk management skills.
7. Ability to network and advocate on behalf of the organisation.
8. Fundraising and financial management skills.
9. Commitment and reliability.
10. Have a practical experience of governance, finance, technical skills, etc associated with the NGO’s mandate.
11. Availability to attend quarterly meetings and to sign funding contracts on behalf of the organisation and participate in big events and fundraising activities.
12. Able to attend twelve board meetings a year and other emergency meeting.
13. Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
14. Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
Interested candidates shall submit their CVs, with application letter and sample of monthly work plan through below email No later than 25 August 2021.