SOMRAR is Non-Governmental, Non-Political, Non-profit and Non-partisan organization legally registered in the Ministry of National planning and development in Somaliland.
- Child and Women Right Protection
- Women & youth empowerment through education, health and WASH
- IDPs protection and Advocates
SOMRAR -NGO-was founded 15 April 2018, a group of community development workers consist of men and women who are living in Somaliland, particularly, those involving social development projects for a long time, their experience brought to come together and study the whole situation of the country and recognized that there are thousands of problems having the community which is concerned by civil war broke out the country that inherited destructions for all the property of the society and the country.
THE VISION STATEMENT
SOMRAR’s vision is that all Somali women and children become self-sustaining, lives in dignity, with equal access to economic and social opportunities and truly empowered.
THE MISSION STATEMENT
SOMRAR will struggle for improve based human needs throughout Somaliland. Mostly SOMRAR focuses on Poor and Vulnerable Community in urban and rural area, IDPs and returnees both in cities and rural areas.
The objectives of the Community are:
- To Empowerment and development the skills of Poor Women in IDPs and women access to political participation with in their communities.
- To undertake rehabilitation, reconstruction and development Programs for Community development.
- To Under studies / assessment and that data collection to know Community particularly Community Needs
- Encourage, support, and seek funding for the local initiatives of the communities in all Somaliland.
- To assist vulnerable community.
SOMRAR is committed: Providing support to the Community to have an access with high quality of living standard for Somaliland.
- Implementing projects based on to the targeted needs of the society.
- Encouraging communities to collaborate with SOMRAR in activities to be implemented in their locality.
- Ensuring that rural or urban residents have access to the environmental resource they need.
- SOMRAR will be providing the vulnerable Community both urban and rural
- Establishing connection and relationship among diversity levels of the people to be mutual and support self-help and provide aid those struggling to make the ends meet.